Have you had my layered baked ziti?! If not, here’s the link! This tortellini is basically the same dish but with tortellini, making it more cheesy. Say it with me... cheese is life!
Let’s get started!
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Total Time45 minutes
1 package cheese tortellini
1 pound sausage or ground beef
1 jar pasta sauce
1/2 cup ricotta
1/2 cup cottage cheese (optional)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Italian cheeses (or your favorite cheese!)
Italian seasonings to taste
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large pot, get your water boiling for the tortellini. In a large pan, add ground beef or sausage and cook until completely browned, drain fat. Return to pan.
2. Add the pasta sauce, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add your tortellini to the boiling water and cook till al dante, about 6-7 minutes.
3. While the pasta is cooking mix together your ricotta, cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of Parmesan and a dash of italian seasonings.
4. Lightly spray a baking dish with a non stick spray then add a small amount of meat mixture in the bottom of dish. Spread around. Add half of the tortellini. Next, spread the ricotta cheese mixture on top of pasta. Spoon the rest of the meat mixture on top. Next add the shredded cheese.
5. Cover with foil, cook for approximately 25 minutes. Remove foil and do a quick broil.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!
A great addition to add to this is thawed and drained spinach in the sauce! You can also make this meatless!