Staples in my house with the current quarantine consist of rice, beans, veggies, and meats. I have some fresh veggies I don’t want to go bad so I figured it was the perfect night to make burrito bowls!
Such an easy recipe with simple ingredients! If you don’t prefer steak you can do this with chicken, pork or shrimp too!
Let’s get started!
- 1 lb carne asada (or chicken, pork, shrimp)
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1/2 pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp each cumin, garlic salt, pepper, chili power
- Cooked quinoa
Marinade for Steak
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 c orange juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 3-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- If using steak, place steak in a shallow dish, mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over steak. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Once steak is marinated, set out and get your pepper and onion sliced, place in a pan with the corn, oil and seasonings and let sauté. Get your quinoa cooked as well.
- Heat your grill and once hot, add your steak, turning once to cook the other side. Usually 3-4 minutes per side for thin steak.
- Finish sautéing your onion, pepper and corn and cooking your quinoa.
- Take your steak off the grill and cut in thin slices
- Build your bowl with lettuce, quinoa, veggies, steak and all the fixins!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!