I’m no barista by any means but I love making my own iced coffees and lattes at home in an effort to save some money!
Lavender is one of my favorites to use in so many drinks. I make a lavender simple syrup that can be used for iced coffee, teas, lemonade and… lattes!
Let’s get started!
Lavender Simple Syrup
1 ½teaspoons dried lavender
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup water
½ cup honey
1. Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Turn heat to low and stir until sugar dissolves.
2. Simmer an additional 5-7 minutes, or until syrup coats the back of a spoon. Do not let it burn! It will thicken a bit more when cooled.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain out the lavender and allow syrup to cool completely before using. Store extra in the fridge.
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lavender simple syrup
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup milk or non-dairy
- 1/3 cup ice
1. Add in ice, pour milk into the glass.
2. Add in simple syrup and stir
3. Top with ice.