Over 10 years of trying to perfect this recipe. I tried every combination and was looking for a creamy style of Mac n cheese that was still just as creamy the next day.
My grandmother and I worked on perfecting this recipe together. She passed away 3 years ago and here we are 3 years later… I think I nailed it and I know she’s with me in the kitchen when I make this!
Let’s get to it!
- 2 C cooked shell noodles
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 C sharp cheddar cheese (sliced from a block)
- 1 C Gouda (sliced from a block. This cheese can also be substituted for another of your choice!)
- 1 can cheddar soup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 C butter
- Cook your noodles in a Dutch oven pot till al dente and drain the pasta. Add in all the ingredients to the pot and give a good stir.
- Cook on low for 25-30 minutes until all the cheese is melted and stirring occasionally.
- Crockpot version: place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Give a good stir and serve immediately.
Enjoy and as always EAT TILL IT HURTS FRIENDS!