If you follow me on IG, you have “met” Karen and have seen some of her recipes on stories. Let me tell ya... this woman means business in the kitchen! I’m excited to share with you her homemade pizza dough along with her taco pizza!
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Total Time45 minutes
1/2 Cup Cooked Ground Beef
3/4 Cups Cooked Refried Beans
3/4 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
1/2 Cup Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Shredded Lettuce
1/2 Cup Crushed Original Doritos
1/2 Cup Salsa
Preheat oven to 450. If you are using pre-made pizza dough, shape your pizza dough round and to the thickness you want. Place your pizza dough on a baking sheet. Bake the dough for 5 Minutes.
Take out of the oven and spread the refried beans all over (this is your sauce) add on the ground beef, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 15 more minutes or until dough is crispy and cheese is melted.
Take out and top with salsa, lettuce and doritos. Cut into 8 slices and serve!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a pizza pan or large jelly roll pan and set aside. Put warm water into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and yeast and stir to combine.
2. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy and bubbles form. Add olive oil and gently stir to combine.
3. Add 2 cups of flour and salt and mix with a spatula until a ball begins to form (dough will still be slightly sticky). Add more flour as needed to form a dough ball.
4. Transfer to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough, adding up to ½ cup extra flour if needed. Roll dough into your desired shape and gently transfer to your prepared pan.
5. To ensure the dough doesn't form air pockets, use a fork to prick to the dough all around (gently so you do not poke holes all the way through the crust). Bake on the lower rack of your preheated oven for 5 minutes and remove from your oven. (this is just to very slightly prebake the dough). If you notice air bubbles forming, poke them with a fork to let the air out.