I had another successful brunch on the ranch! This time a Christmas themed brunch complete with a hot cocoa bar. I have the menu listed below and kept the menu pretty simple!
I took the easy route with my pancakes and used the complete buttermilk mix by Aunt Jemima. This is my go to mix that I can spice up myself!
Lets get started!
- Cranberry Orange Belgium Waffles
- Buttermilk Pancakes (I used aunt Jemima’s complete pancake mix)
- Bacon & Sausage
- Hash brown Casserole
- Crockpot Hot Cocoa
- Maple Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Covered Pomegranates
Tip for cooking bacon! I cook mine in the oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until it looks crispy! I can better control the grease splatter this way and then wipe my own clean.
Cranberry Orange Belgium Waffles
- 2 cups aunt Jemima’s complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix the complete buttermilk pancake mix as directed. Add in the cranberries, zest and oil.
- Heat up your Belgium waffle maker, make sure it’s greased and pour 1/4 cup into the maker and cook as directed by your makers instructions.
Hash brown Casserole
Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Cinnamon Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Tip! Place your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. It helps to keep the whipped creamed chilled!
- Prepare the whipped cream. Pour the heavy cream into the chilled bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- Slowly add the maple syrup and cinnamon and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Chocolate Covered Pomegranates
- 1 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1 cup of pomegranates
1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over medium-low heat.
2. Spoon melted chocolate into small dollops onto silicone baking mat or lined baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle pomegranates on top of chocolate.
4. Place in refrigerator to cool, at least 15 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!