One pot meals are a lifesaver when it’s been a really busy day! Especially right now with being home all the time, I feel like all I’m doing is washing dishes! This meal is super easy and quick to make and is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Let’s get started!
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz dried pasta (I like penne or rigatoni)
- 24 oz jar your choice pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large large pot or skillet add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add chicken, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder and cook until chicken cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook about 5 minutes, until soft. Pour in pasta sauce and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add chicken and pasta, stir and cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked to your liking. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and place lid on top to let the cheese melt.
- Serve immediately with garlic bread!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!
Homemade garlic bread
I like to use French bread or a crusty ciabatta for my garlic bread, but use whatever you like! Mix soft butter with garlic powder and spread onto the bread and bake 350 for 5 minutes then broil for 2.