If there’s one soup you make this fall/ winter…. please let it be this! It’s such an easy 30 min soup to make and sweet baby Jesus is it good! Between the seasoned beef, cream cheese and crushed tomatoes… IT’S GOOD!
It’s pretty similar to my tomato soup but with a twist of ground beef and noodles and I’ve been making it since my college days. Trust me when I say that I will be on your weekly dinner menu!
Let’s get started!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper and garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, parsley
- 1 28 oz jar of crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups ditalini pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef, breaking up with a spoon and cook until no longer pink. Drain any drippings if necessary.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and all of the spices and stir to combined.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cream cheese and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the pasta and let cook for an additional 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked and stirring every few minutes to avoid pasta sticking to the bottom.
- Add in some shaved Parmesan cheese
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
** if the soup gets too thick you can always add more broth. I usually do a cup at a time.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!