I first had fruit tea a few years ago on one of my junking adventures in Nashville and I was instantly hooked the moment I tasted it. The blend of fruit and sweet tea is so refreshing on a hot summer day. This is sure to be a summer hit at your next BBQ!
Let’s get started!
(Makes about 2 gallons)
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 Lipton tea bag
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 48 oz pineapple juice
- 1 frozen concentrate of lemonade
- 1 frozen concentrate orange juice
- 3 cups water
- Large pitcher
- Mint (for garnish)
- Take your boiling water and place in a pitcher with the sugar, let melt, then add your tea bag. Let steep for an hour or longer.
- Once the sweet tea is done I transfer the pitcher and pour into a large beverage dispenser and then add in the pineapple juice, lemonade, orange juice and water.
- Give a good stir, let chill in the fridge, then serve over ice and garnish with mint!