I was challenged by a friend during this quarantine to have her pick an item from my pantry and use it to cook a meal. Challenge Accepted!
Joy from @joysofthread picked hash browns for me to use and it was a quick thought and a check in the pantry and I decided to make some hamburger soup. It is so easy to make!
Let’s get started!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 C chopped mushrooms
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C half & half
- 1 T each garlic salt, pepper, 21 seasoning salute, salt
- 3 T flour
- 2 C shredded hash browns
- Grab a big ol’ pot and add in some olive oil, ground beef, onion and mushroom and cook until beef is cooked through. Do not drain!
- Next add in the flour and seasonings and mix well. SLOWLY add in the broth, and mix after each cup until becomes thicker.
- Add in hash browns and give a good stir. Let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add in half & half and cheese and mix well. Let cook for 5 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
- Serve hot with some cheesy bread!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!
Notes: Some favorite toppings to add on are jalapeños, bacon bits, or hot sauce. You could also add in a can of drained diced tomatoes to the soup!