It’s a classic St. Patty’s Day dish and one of my favorites to make! I’ve gotten questions how to cook corned beef and having it be juicy and falling apart. My crockpot recipe is super easy! Just a little patience and a little time and you’ve got perfect corned beef!
Let’s get started!
- 1 corned beef (I usually get one that’s 2-3 pounds)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp pickling spices (if available!)
- 1 Tbsp each of salt, pepper, garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 head chopped cabbage
- 5-6 diced red potatoes
- Place your corned beef in the bottom of your crockpot. Season with all of the spices then add the water. Cook on low for 9-10 hours. The key to good corned beef is low and slow! I like to cook mine for the full 10!
- 2.5 hours before done add in your cabbage and potatoes and let continue to cook.
- Shred the beef and serve!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!