First day of spring and we’re getting a snow storm… typical Wyoming! We’re also being home bodies like the rest of the world with all that is going on.
I’m sharing an easy meal that’s great for you and the kiddos! Dairy free? Add in some vegetable stock and tomatoes!
Let’s get started!
- 1 package tortellini
- 2-3 chicken breast or 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 C frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C half & half OR heavy cream
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Cook your chicken in a large pan and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Once cooked place on a cutting board and slice.
- Add onions, bacon, garlic, and peas and saute until bacon gets crispy.
- Pour in heavy cream and shaved Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed as well as more cream if becomes too thick.
- Stir in tortellini and chicken until completely mixed in and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!