My grandma loved making quiches and made all kinds. She taught me how to make them and when she wasn’t able to make them anymore I started making them for her.
I had some leftover ground sausage in the fridge and a frozen pie crust in the freezer and decided to whip up a quiche for Sunday breakfast.
Let’s get started!
- 1/2 lb ground sausage, cooked
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C half & half
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 and let your pie crust pre bake for 10 minutes. Cook your sausage until no longer pink. I usually cook a pound and use half for this recipe and half for chili later in the day or you can make two quiches and freeze one!
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, cheese, half & half and seasonings and whisk well.
- Take the pie crust out and place sausage in the crust. Pour the egg mixture over top and make sure cheese is evenly place throughout.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!