My oh my. Hamburger helper was my favorite as a kid! I used to ask for it once a week growing up! When I got older a realized I could make it on my own for less money and cut out the not so great ingredients in the box. Plus, who doesn’t love homemade?!
Let’s get started!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp 21 salute seasoning (optional)
- salt & pepper, or to taste
- 12 oz macaroni/ shells, or any other pasta
- 3 C chicken broth low sodium or beef broth
- 2 C milk
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the ground beef and brown until it’s no longer pink. Sprinkle the cornstarch all over and the seasonings and stir.
- Pour in your milk and chicken broth and the pasta. Let simmer on low heat Continue for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through. Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid sticking. There will be some liquid left which will thicken once the cheese is added.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and let melt.
- Serve immediately!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!