Cabbage Rolls are one of Austin’s favorite meals that his Mamaw made for him all the time. I made the actual rolls once and although they were delicious, I would rather have a quicker alternative and still enjoy all the flavors!
I have a cabbage roll soup on the blog as well! This one pot meal is so quick and easy, you will love it!
Let’s get started!
- 1 Lb Ground beef (or use ground turkey or chicken!)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 head small green cabbage, chopped
- 1½ C Water
- 1 C dry Rice (I use jasmine rice)
- 1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- In a large dutch oven or large pot, brown beef with olive oil and onions.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, water and rice to pot. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, add cabbage, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cheese and cover 1-2 minutes to melt.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!