A 20 minute (ish) meal is my kind of meal for nights when I have to work late in the shop and I just don’t have the extra energy to spend hours in the kitchen.
Shrimp stir fry is a favorite of mine. If you’re not a fan of shrimp you can use chicken or beef as well!
Let’s get started!
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 bag frozen Asian veggies
- 1 tsp garlic salt & pepper (each)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Add your sesame oil to a pan with minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add in your frozen veggies and let cook for 10 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, get your rice started.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to your veggies. Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water and corn starch in a bowl and pour over veggies.
- Add in your shrimp and let cook in the sauce. Let your sauce thicken up and your shrimp turn pink.
- Serve hot over rice.
*need some kick? Add ginger or red pepper flakes!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!