Goodness… we were in Montana the other weekend and went to a local deli that had all my favorite Lancaster, Pa meats and cheeses. While looking around I came across alphabet pasta and it brought me back to when my grandma made this for me.
Y’all know what she means to me and I had to buy some! I made this with a chuck roast and the flavor is amazing!
Let’s get started!
- 1 chuck roast (you will also want to season it in the crockpot with 1 tsp of the below seasonings)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen veggies
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp each pepper, garlic salt, celery flakes, onion salt
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups alphabet pasta
- Leftover juices from chuck roast in crockpot
- Place your chuck roast in a crock pot with 1 cup of water. Season with salt, garlic salt & pepper. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Once your roast is cooked, shred it and set aside.
- In a large pot add 1/2 stick of butter, potatoes and veggies and sauté for 10 minutes. Add all your seasonings.
- Take a ladle and add in the juices from your crockpot, this will add some amazing flavor! Next add in the shredded roast and the 6 cups of beef broth.
- Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes, then add in the pasta and let cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!