What is soup without tortellini?! I’ve shared a few soup recipes with y’all where I’ve added tortellini and I love it!
This soup is packed with flavor and SO GOOD! Makes the perfect cold weather soup to cozy up with!
Let’s get started!
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 celery rib, medium sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated and medium chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, small diced
- 1 28 oz can Italian crushed tomatoes
- 1 49 oz can chicken broth
- 1 tsp dry basil, parsley, thyme (each)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 8oz pkg tortellini
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach or frozen and thawed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a large pot, brown sausage and chicken together over medium high heat until cooked.
2. Add in carrots, celery and onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. (Add in some chopped mushrooms at this point too if you want them!). Add in salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Pour in crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, parsley, thyme and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
4. Add in spinach and tortellini and cook for 10 minutes or until tortellini is cooked.
5. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!