Austin and I have always been more of the “let’s stay in and cook together” type couple rather than go out to dinner for Valentine’s Day or any date night really. Some times we go out but I love cooking and it’s something that we enjoy together!
I’m sharing an easy way to make steaks at home that are juicy and tender and don’t require a grill!
Let’s get started!
- 2 steaks (your choice of cut, we like ribeyes)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lay your steaks on a cutting board and season on both sides with salt & pepper. Let the steaks sit out and warm up as this is key for cooking them! I usually let mine sit out for 15 minutes.
- While the steaks are sitting out, place your butter in either a regular pan or cast iron pan and let melt.
- Once butter is melted add in your rosemary and your steaks.
If you are using a cast iron pan, make sure your oven is set to 400 degrees, sear 1 minute on both sides and finish in the oven. You’ll cook your steaks rare for 5 minutes, 8 minutes for medium rare, medium for 11 minutes, and well done for 15 minutes.
If you are just using a regular pan, you will split the time in half for each side on your stove, give or take a few minutes depending on your heat.
4. Once your steaks are cooked, take off the heat, cover with tin foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes on a cutting board, then slice up.
5. Serve with a side salad, veggies or my roasted potatoes (see below)
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take four large potatoes, washed and diced and place on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic salt and dried Italian seasonings and bake 20-25 minutes.