Stop what you’re doing right now, run to the grocery store and grab the below ingredients. If you are a chicken wing fan, mac n cheese fan, lover of cheese, THIS. RECIPE. IS. FOR. YOU!
Let’s get started!
- 16 oz box of cooked shell noodles
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 C sharp cheddar cheese (sliced from a block)
- 1 C Gouda (sliced from a block. This cheese can also be substituted for another of your choice!)
- 1 can cheddar soup
3 cups chicken thighs, breast, rotisserie (3 thighs or 2 large breasts)
1 cup wing sauce (I love franks red hot!)
- Bake your chicken at 350 for 25 min till done and shred or shred your chicken if you are using a rotisserie chicken.
- Cook your noodles till al dente and drain the pasta. Add your noodles, cheeses, cheese soup, sour cream, shredded chicken, salt & pepper and give a good stir.
- Melt your butter in a pot and add your flour. Whisk on medium heat until flour it incorporated and not lumpy. Slowly add in 1/2 cup of milk and whisk until thick. You may need to add more milk if too thick! Then add your hot sauce.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture in the crockpot and mix well. Add 1 cup of milk and stir.
- Optional: add in a few squeezes of ranch dressing and/ or top with blue cheese crumbs.
- Cook on high for 1.5 hours until all the cheese is melted and stirring occasionally.
Note: if the mixture still looks thick and not creamy add a few more splashes of milk!
Friends, you better EAT TILL IT HURTS!