We all know I’m predictable at this point and I ALWAYS say this meal is “so good” but it’s true! And easy!!! There is very simple ingredients to use and the flavor is … wait for it SO GOOD!
Let’s get started!
- 4-5 boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces, fresh of thawed from frozen
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt & pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Start by melting your butter in a pan, once melted add your flour and whisk on low heat. When flour is incorporated, slowly add in your milk. Let heat up until thick and whisk.
- Add in your cheese and seasonings and let cook on low heat. If the mixture is too thick add in a few more splashes of milk. Add in your broccoli and let heat up.
- In a casserole dish lay out your thighs or chicken breasts (if using breasts, cut a slit in the middle to make a pocket) and season both sides with salt and pepper. Stuff each thigh or breast with the broccoli cheese mixture. Place a few teaspoons of water in the bottom of the casserole dish, cover and bake 45-55 minutes at 400.
- While chicken is baking, cook some rice to serve on the side.
- Remove chicken, check to make sure it is cooked through and serve with rice.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!