I don’t know if this is just a PA thing but I grew up eating roast beef on toast with gravy and a side of mashed potatoes and it was THE BEST! This is one of my favorite meals to make and it’s so quick and easy! You could also use a left over roast instead of sliced roast beef from the deli for this dish!
You won’t regret trying this meal! The ultimate comfort food!
Let’s get started!
- 1 pound sliced roast beef (you can use deli meat or make your own roast!)
- 1 pack of brown gravy mix or 2 cans of brown gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Sliced bread
- Dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp each pepper, garlic salt, salt
- Start by mixing your gravy in a pot as directed by packaging or can. Once it’s thick add 1/2 water to thin it out.
- Take your sliced beef and cut it in half and add each slice to the gravy. Add the garlic salt, salt and pepper, stir and let simmer on low.
- Prepare your mashed potatoes.
- Once everything is cooked through, place a slice of bread on a plate. Top with beef and gravy and serve the potatoes on the side with gravy.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!