Sunday breakfast is my favorite. Austin and I love to get the coffee going and make a big breakfast. I love this hash brown skillet as it’s all in the same pan with little clean up! That’s a win win for me!
Let’s get started!
- 2 cups shredded or diced frozen potatoes (let them sit out and thaw for 3 minutes prior)
- 1/2 pound ground sausage OR 4 slices bacon (chop your bacon up before cooking)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- Place a large skillet on the stove. Cook your sausage or bacon and let it crisp up. Your sausage should be cooked and ground and your bacon should be crispy.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Turn the stove heat up to medium and add the shredded potatoes. Give them a quick mix and let them cook for about 2 minutes, untouched. Add the chopped pepper and onion (if using) salt, garlic salt and pepper. Stir things around once or twice, then flatten everything out using the back of a wooden spoon or spatula. Allow to cook, untouched for 3 minutes. Stir, then allow to cook for 2 more minutes. The potatoes should be getting quite brown at this point. If not, continue to cook a little longer while stirring occasionally until they are.
- Remove skillet from the heat and flatten out the top using the back of a spoon. Then, using the back of the spoon, make 4 shallow holes into the hash. Crack an egg into each hole. Top with shredded Parmesan. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the egg whites set, about 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- If you do not have an oven safe pan or you do not like runny eggs, you can scramble your eggs and mix them with the hash brown mixture and serve them that way.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!