My mom surprised me this past Christmas with a kitchen aid food processor and I’ve found every reason to use it every single day.
I love making hummus and it’s super easy to make in the blender as well but, I got a food processor so here’s my excuse to use it!
Let’s get started!
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Add chickpeas, tahini, roasted red peppers, garlic, salt, and lemon juice to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- With the blender or food processor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream. Blend for about 1 minute longer, until very smooth.
- If the hummus is quite thick, you can add a little cool water, a teaspoonful at a time, to thin it.
- Cover and chill the hummus for at least 30 minutes. If desired, drizzle with olive oil and top with additional chopped roasted red peppers before serving. I like to add 21 seasoning salute on top of mine!
- Serve with pita chips. You can keep the hummus in a the refrigerator for 3-5 days.