I don’t know if it’s a PA thing, a Dutch thing, or what, but pork & kraut with taters is down right GOOD! This has been a New Years Day Tradition to make and eat for good luck since I can remember.
It’s not just for New Years though! This makes the perfect cozy winter meal!
Let’s get started!
- 1-3 pound pork tenderloin
- 3-4 cans of sauerkraut
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Garlic salt
- Mashed potatoes
- 1/4 Sour cream
- 1/2 block soft cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Place your tenderloin in the bottom of your crockpot and season with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Pour the sauerkraut over top of the tenderloin. Place lid on top and cook on high 5 hours.
- Check the tenderloin at 4 1/2 hours and see if you can shred it. If you can shred it, shred all the meat then let continue to cook. You can place on low heat at this point.
- Prepare your mashed potatoes as you normally would. Add in your sour cream, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Place in a 10×10 casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done, place portions on a plate and top with pork & kraut, you’re ready to eat!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!