Austin and I love vanilla ice cream. We’re pretty much plain James around here, but good ol’ vanilla is where it’s at. I love using my Cuisinart ice cream maker for homemade ice cream. It is so easy to use!
I went a little adventurous this time and crushed up some old fashioned toffee from enstrom candies in my vanilla ice cream which made it soooo much better!
Let’s get started!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Dash of sea salt
- Optional- crushed toffee
- Place everything except the toffee into a measuring cup and whisk well.
- Turn on your ice cream maker and pour the ingredients in.
- Follow your ice cream makers directions, the mixture should start to turn into ice cream within 15 minutes. At this point add in the crushed toffee if you choose.
- Let the ice cream churn for another 10 minutes then serve!
5. If you eat the ice cream right away it will be more like soft-serve, but still delicious. Put it into the freezer for several hours to get more solid ice cream, pictured below