We always had some sort of cranberry orange dessert in the house around the holidays, I loved smelling them bake!
Believe it or not I’m not much for baking unless it’s an easy recipe. These cookies are fail proof! So easy to make and bake… oh and eat!
Let’s get started!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Sometimes I add more for an extra kick and add more zest!
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12minutes, until the edges are just golden. Some ovens vary! I ended up baking mine for 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.