I’m taking my Mama’s famous broccoli casserole and putting a major twist on it! This casserole is packed with flavor and y’all… you’ll wanna lick the cheese sauce spoon.
No time for talking, let’s get to it!
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup OR try my cream of chicken soup mixture, you won’t regret it! (Recipe at the bottom!)
- 1/2 cup or more chicken broth
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, either frozen and thawed or fresh and cooked.
- Got your chicken cooked and diced. I like to season my chicken before cooking it and usually bake it in the oven at 350. While it’s baking cook your rice and set aside.
- To a pan, add in your cream of chicken, if you are using the can make sure to mix with 1 1/2 cups of water. If you are using my mix you’ll follow the directions with the mix and water. (See directions below for that)
- Add in the cream cheese, broth and cheddar cheese. Let mix well then add in your broccoli. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Take a 9×13 greased pan and place half of the chicken and half of the rice on the bottom. Pour half of the cheese mixture on top then repeat. Add shredded cheese to the top.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Get that baby on a plate and in your belly!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!
** Cream of Something Soup