I can still remember sitting at my grandparents table while I patiently waited for my grandma to finish making my two favorite appetizers for Thanksgiving or Christmas. My grandmas stuffed celery and Rolly pollys were my favorite! I would steal them off of the plate as she made them and run away before she could catch me. I think she secretly enjoyed it though that my cousins and I loved what was her mother’s recipe so much.
These two recipes are from my grey grandmother and I’m excited to share them with you!
Let’s get started!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Tbsp beef bouillon (I use these and they come in packets!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Minced onion (optional)
- Celery sticks
- Good bologna (we use Kunzlers Lebanon Bologna, if you can find this, get it!)
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 Tbsp minced onion
- First mix together your salt & pepper, bouillon and cream cheese.
- Split the cream cheese mix in two separate bowls and add the ketchup to the one and minced onion if you choose to use it in the other and mix both bowls.
- Take your celery sticks and stuff the ketchup mixture in each celery stick.
- For the Rolly pollys, lay your bologna flat, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on the bologna and roll it up!
- Eat them up and watch for little fingers to steal them 😉
Enjoy! And as usual, Eat Till It Hurts Friends!