This light and fresh dish is perfect with all the fall carbs I’ve been putting in my body lately. I needed a little something different this week from the regular cheesy dishes.
I asked a question on my Instagram a few weeks ago on what you were intimidated to make and a lot of you said shrimp! I’m going to show you an easy way to make shrimp that will turn you into a pro in no time!
Let’s get started!
1. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the crushed red pepper, 1 Tbs of lemon, basil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Put it aside to marinate for 10-20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add the shrimp and sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute, or until shrimp is cooked through. They will be a light pink and slightly curled.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the angel hair until al dente. Drain all but about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and toss with the shrimp and tomato mixture, along with the spinach. Squeeze the rest of the lemon juice into the shrimp mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Asiago cheese and serve over pasta.
5. If shrimp mixture is too thick you can thin with more pasta water.
** if you’re not a fan of shrimp try chicken and add in a bit of pesto!
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!