Another Chinese takeout meal! I can’t get enough of good Chinese food! And surprisingly it is so easy to make at home!
Beef & Broccoli Ingredients
- 1 pound flank steak sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Beef & Broccoli Sauce:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Splash of water
Toss sliced beef with corn starch.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat for a few minutes. Add sliced beef and a dash of soy sauce and cook until it browns, a few minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add broccoli and garlic to the pan, and stir. Add beef broth. Let simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While broccoli cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix.
Add the reserved beef and sauce to the pan, and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes so the sauce thickens a bit.
Serve beef and broccoli with fried rice.
Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 large eggs whisked lightly
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups frozen vegetables
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, you can add more or less to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a teaspoon of olive. Add onion and cook until translucent; about 2 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning. Stir in garlic, then add frozen vegetables and cook until heated through. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add rice to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables. Press down into the pan to brown the rice lightly for a couple of minutes. Add is sesame oil and soy sauce and let fry up for 5 minutes.
- Take your spatula and push rice to one side. Crack the eggs in the pan and scramble until done. Mix the eggs into the rice then.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with beef and broccoli.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!