This dessert is one of really the only desserts that I could probably eat the entire pan. My mom has been making this for as long as I can remember during the holidays and it has the before combination of sugars, cream cheese and cherry pie filling. When the pan is cool you can cut them into little bars to serve easier.
I’m not much of a baker unless it’s something pretty easy to make. This is so easy to make and gives me that boost of confidence with baking.
This dessert would be perfect for Thanksgiving or during the Holiday Season. Bring it to a holiday party and I bet you these bars won’t last!
Let’s get started!
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 C butter
- 20 oz can of cherry pie filling
- 8 oz block of softened cheese
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 C sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor place your walnuts and give a quick pulse so the pieces are chopped small. Remove the walnuts and place in a bowl. Add in the flour, brown sugar and butter and pulse until well combined. Add in the coconut flakes and half of the walnuts and mix with a fork.
- Place half of the crust mixture in a greased 10×10 and press down. Bake for 15 minutes. While the crust is baking mix your cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla. When crust is baked take out and spread cream cheese on top. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the pan back out of the oven and gently spread the cherry filling on top and top with the rest of the crust mixture and walnuts.
- Bake for a final 20 minutes. Let cool and cut into bars.