I love making meatballs, they are so easy to make and I usually double my recipe so I can freeze some for later use.
I found a block of mozzarella in the back of my fridge deli and realized I needed to use it sooner rather than later before it goes bad and I DISLIKE being wasteful!
Stuffed meatballs are so dang easy to make! You literally make your meatball mixture, roll the meatballs, place a piece of mozzarella in the middle and then mold the meat around the cheese, voila!
Let’s get started!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 small pieces of mozzarella chunks
- 1/3 C milk
- 1/2 C Italian bread crumps
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic salt, parsley, basil, 21 salute seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 32 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic salt, pepper, basil, parsley, salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Start by making your meatballs. Add all ingredients to a bowl except for the mozzarella. Once all ingredients are combined, roll your meatballs into medium size balls (should make 12).
- Place your meatballs on a greased pan and place a piece of mozzarella in the center of each. Mold the meat around the cheese until it’s completely covered.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, add your crushed tomatoes and spices to a pan and let simmer on low. Once your meatballs are done, place them in the sauce for another 5 minutes.
- Pair with your favorite noodles or use for a meatball sandwich.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!