The crockpot is in full force this fall as I’m whipping up some cozy meals to accompany our busy life. We love tacos, fajitas, chimichangas, enchiladas… you get the picture…
Southwest Chicken Bowls are probably the new favorite in this house. Dump all the ingredients in the crockpot (minus the rice) and let it all marinate! You could also use this as fajitas and put in a burrito.. my husband literally puts everything in a burrito 🙄😂
Let’s get started!
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C frozen corn
- 1 small can of green chilies
- Cooked rice or quinoa or both!
- Sour cream
- Place the thighs in the bottom of your crockpot. Add the pepper, onion, chilies, beans and corn on top. Top with garlic salt, pepper and salt and put the lid on it.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high for 4, once cooked through, shred the chicken.
- While you’re shredding the chicken get your rice or quinoa cooked.
- Place your rice or quinoa in a bowl, top with shredded chicken mixture and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!