Cowboy Pasta to some is just really hearty meat sauce, but I call it cowboy pasta as that is what my dad calls it and we love to cook this easy dish together!
This dish is for any man or woMAN that needs a good ol’ hearty meal after a long days work.. or on a fall day… or really, anytime! The bacon, sautéed veggies and crushed tomatoes just give the added touches with the ground beef. Let’s get started!
- 1 box pasta (any kind you like)
- 1 32 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, garlic salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parsley (adjust to your preference)
- Start by cooking your bacon, you want to chop it in advance and add the pieces to a large pot and get them fried up. Don’t worry about frying every piece up. Next add your garlic, pepper and onion and cook until softened.