I’m going to make this plane and simple for you… this is the quickest most delicious apple sauce you’ll ever make right in the comfort of your home!
In the fall I loved going to the apple orchards in my hometown in Lancaster, PA and picking out two different kinds of apples, cortland and Jonathan and making apple sauce with the two combos. Since moving it’s become a little difficult to do apple picking here in Wyoming but I stumbled upon a stand at the Jackson Hole Farmers Market and there is apparently an apple orchard in town! I grabbed a big bag of honey crisp and set out to make apple sauce. Do not worry if you do not have access to an apple orchard! The grocery store has a variety that will also work!
If you don’t have an instant pot I’ve included instructions for your crockpot!
Let’s get started!
- 2 pounds of cored, peeled and cut in half apples
- 1-1.5 C water (you can add more later if needed)
- 1 tsp ground cloves and ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C sugar or brown sugar (you can add more or less depending on how sweet you like it!)
- Place apples in instant pot or crock pot.
- Add water and spices and set to high pressure for 10 minutes or cook on high for 4-5 hours or until apples are completely soft.
- Release pressure or turn off crock pot and blend with an immersion blender (easiest way to do this and less mess!) or transfer to a blender and add more water if needed.
This freezes so well in batches or pair with a pork tenderloin!