Austin has been in and out of the mountains on our horses scouting and it’s been COLD. I decided to make some come on home comfort food for him and use my Dutch oven to make this meal.
The chicken mixture is so creamy and good and mixed in with the biscuits… y’all… let’s just get started so you can experience this deliciousness for yourself!
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
- 1.5 C mixed frozen veggies or fresh
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 3 T butter
- 3T Flour
- 5 C chicken broth
- 1 can of biscuits, cut and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350. In an oven save pot, like a Dutch Oven, add your butter and mixed veggies and sauté until soft. Add in your flour and mix well. Keep the heat on low/ medium temp during this process.
- Slowly add in the chicken broth, 1 cup at a time, this is helping to thicken the mixture. Add in the cream of chicken soup and shredded chicken and let simmer.
- Place your biscuits on top, DO NOT stir! Please in the oven and let biscuits cook until golden for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
EAT TILL IT HURTS FRIENDS!