Y’all, I can’t believe summer is finally upon us! You know what that means! GRILLING SEASON! I mean we do grill all year long but having access to fresh produce and using the grill is the best!
I’ve been making this grilled veggie pasta salad for years (and I’m finally just sharing it with y’all!) the charred diced veggies pair so well with fresh squeezed lemon and feta to make a refreshing and light salad. This goes perfect as a side dish with any meats or fish and the perfect dish to take to a BBQ. Let’s get started!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for grill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cup cooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced long ways
- 1 small zucchini, sliced long ways
- 1/2 of a small red onion
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- handful fresh parsley, optional for garnish
1. First, bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a serving bowl, add the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside.When the pasta is boiling, add a handful of salt and the orzo pasta. Cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and add to bowl
2. Meanwhile, chop the veggies into large chunks for the grill: slice the pepper in quarters, slice the squashes in half length-wise, and slice the onion into 2 or 3 slabs.
3. Preheat a grill over high heat. Drizzle olive oil in the pan, and then arrange the veggies in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, check for grill marks and flip, and then cook on the second side until more grill marks form. Remove the veggies from the grill, and let cool slightly.
4. Chop up the grilled veggies into bite-size pieces, and add the serving bowl. Toss everything together very well, and then garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Eat till it hurts friends!!