I’ve been on a roll for 3 weeks now with making a new chopped salad every Monday and having it throughout the week. I had asked for votes on IG for this weeks chopped salad and BLT won by a land slide! I must say though… I was hoping people would vote for it! I love a good BLT sandwich, but turning it into a salad?! YESSSSSS!
Let’s get to choppin!
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
- Diced avocado
- 2 diced tomatoes
- Handful of chopped snap peas (optional)
- Favorite greens, chopped into small pieces
- Favorite dressing (ranch or a Caesar)
- Fry up your bacon, drain the fat and chop up into pieces, put in separate container.
- Removed seeds from tomato and dice up, dice up avocado or some Kroger’s carry a frozen kind that is my favorite and I thaw out what I want and add to the bowl of tomatoes.
- Chop up your peas and greens and add to its own bowl.
- Build your salad, taking a portion from each bowl and add your favorite dressing.
** The key to making the salad last and stay fresh is keeping everything separated, so nothing wilts! I like to build my salad in its container the morning of or you can the night before and taking to work.
Eat till it hurts friends!