I love a good breakfast casserole, one that is basically and dump and bake and easy to clean up kind, you feeling me? Around the holidays I always make breakfast casseroles for an easy morning or to take to a potluck.
Eggs Benedict has been one of my favorites for years, I love poached eggs and the hollandaise sauce. I find it to be an easy meal to make but a little time consuming, so I found a new way to make it, casserole style! To accompany this casserole I also whip up a cheesy hash brown casserole… y’all.. I could eat the whole pan (I really have once before lol!) Both of these meals are super easy and versatile to serve even at dinner time. Let’s get cookin!
Prep Time: 25 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
Eggs Benedict Casserole
- 12 ounces Canadian bacon or ham, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Note: You can cheat! And just use a McCormick Packet if hollandaise sauce if you’re in a hurry!
- Place half of the Canadian bacon or ham in a greased 3-qt. or 13×9-in. baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over top.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole.
Hash brown Casserole
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
- 1 bag of frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1 Small can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 C sour cream
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 C melted butter
- 1 T garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
EAT TILL IT HURTS FRIENDS!