I’ve never been much of a breakfast person during the week. Over the years though I have noticed that I need the morning breakfast fuel to help keep my energy level up. I have created a breakfast granola that I keep on hands at all times. I keep it in an apothecary jar on my shelf which also looks cute in the home decor world!
This granola is so good. It’s sweet taste yet healthy boost really gives me the boost I need. I pair it with my favorite honey yogurt and a sliced banana or in my hot oatmeal and it’s perfect!
- 1/3 cup multi color quinoa
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe dish or sauce pan, melt coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt (if using). Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, quinoa, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the granola into the baking sheet and drizzle maple syrup over granola. Bake until golden brown and fragrant, 35-45 minutes, opening the oven to stir the granola about 20 minutes into the cooking process.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Break into bite-size chunks. Mix in dried fruit, if using.
- Stores well in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
In need of a small gift? Try pairing my granola in a cute jar to give as a home gift!
EAT TILL IT HURTS FRIENDS!