My husband is a huge fan of angel hair pasta and shrimp. I’m always finding creative ways to use these two to keep him interested.
The pancetta mixed with the creamy cheese sauce and peas are a wonderful combination. This dish only take 30 mintues to make and is sure to be a crowd pleaser or the perfect easy date night meal!
- 1 lb pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Asiago Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup whole milk, or more, as needed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Angel hair pasta
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pancetta and cook until crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain the fat; reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season shrimp with basil, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Asiago cheese, milk and peas until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add either pasta water or milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in pasta and bacon.
- Serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
Eat Till It Hurts Friends!