Last week I had asked y’all on my Instagram stories what you wanted to see more of in my Eat till it Hurts Recipes. The response was so great and I have so many new recipes to share with you! Breakfast was a request, from easy, to frozen, to healthy and tasty! Up first are my make ahead breakfast sandwiches that you can make and freeze, take out and heat and eat! How’s that for easy???!
These sandwiches are so versatile and I like to provide you with the endless possibilities so you can create your own versions! I used sausage for my most recent sandwiches, but you can use ham or bacon or no meat! If you’re not using any meat I would add some chopped veggies to your egg mixture so you have a little somethin somethin in your sandwich!
TIP! This tip is an easy lifesaver on time!
I like to cook my eggs all at once, but how do you get the perfect round cooked egg?! Welp, I’ve been using my muffin pan! I literally grease the pan, crack an egg (or two) into each muffin or however many sandwiches I plan to make, whisk them to break the yolk and add salt and pepper or this is where you would add your chopped veggies like onion, mushroom and spinach! Bake the eggs at 350 for 20 min or until eggs set.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 12 English muffins (may substitute bagels, biscuits or toast)
- 12 Eggs
- 12 Slices American cheese (may substitute with your favorite cheese)
- 12 frozen, precooked sausage patties (See my directions for making your own patties) Or your favorite meat!
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crack an egg into each greased muffin tin and break the yolk with a fork.
- Add salt & pepper and you can add your chopped veggies at this point too.
- Cook the eggs at 350 for 20 min.
- Cook your meat until cooked through and let cool.
- Lay out 12 half of english muffins on a clean surface.
- As the eggs are done, remove them from tin with a fork and lay one on each english muffin as they cool.
- Top with one slice of cheese on each English muffin.
- Place sausage patty on each English muffin, then top with the other half of the English muffins.
- Wrap each sandwich in wax paper.
- Place 6 wrapped sandwiches in each freezer bag and label with date and contents,
- To reheat from frozen, wrap sandwich in a paper towel, and heat on 60% power for 90 seconds, then high power for 90 seconds.
- To reheat from thawed, wrap sandwich in a paper towel and heat on full power for 90 seconds.
I like to buy Jimmy Deans sausage that is ground and I can then form my own patties. I have found it easier if the sausage is slightly frozen and I can slice into slices and then place on a sheet pan and bake at 350 for 20 min or place in a cooking pan and cook through. Either way, I find it healthier than buying the ones pre-cooked in the frozen section, but if that is easier for you, then use those!
I hope you enjoy this breakfast recipe and stay tuned for more!
EAT TILL IT HURTS FRIENDS!