The key to this quick recipe is using pre-cooked chicken, either by cooking a whole chicken and shredding for the week or buying a tasty rotisserie chicken at the store. I must admit that I do love a good rotisserie chicken from my local Krogers or Walmart.
IEasy Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter ( salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup corn
- 6-8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken
- 3 cups noodles (thin broken pieces of spaghetti noodles or egg noodles)
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sage leaves
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the carrots, celery, corn and onion and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, shredded chicken, noodles, basil, oregano, thyme, sage, salt, garlic powder, bay leaf and pepper and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes before serving.
Serve with some hot biscuits or your favorite crackers!
- I like to make a large batch that I’m able to freeze in portions for an easy lunch. Just make sure you use freezer containers. Here are my favorites to use to freeze soups in.