This dinner has been one of my go to meals now for years. Especially with the cooler temps starting to hit, I love the creamy stuffing, moist chicken and roasted veggies for a great fall dinner. This meal is versatile, in that it’s great for a dinner party, family dinner and kid friendly!
I have a few ways of making this meal. I’m going to give you the easy version as well as some notes on making some of the ingredients yourself.
1 hour 25 min
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 box chicken stuffing (see notes for homemade stuffing)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (see notes for homemade cream soup)
- 1 C water
- salt & pepper
- poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the stuffing as directed on the box. While stuffing is cooking place your chicken thighs in a casserole dish and open them up so they are flat. Season on both sides with poultry seasoning, salt & pepper.
- When stuffing is cooked add the soup to the stuffing and mix thoroughly. Place the stuffing evenly among the 4 chicken thighs, add 1 C water to the bottom of the casserole dish, cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Chicken should be cooked all the way through once finished.
- As a side dish I love roasting broccoli with garlic salt and olive oil at 400 degrees for 12 min.
- 1 loaves sandwich bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 C onions diced
- 1/2 C of celery diced
- 1 t dried sage
- 1 t poultry season
- 1/4 cup turkey broth or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut bread into one inch cubes and allow to sit out and dry, preferably over night. Or you could toast them in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Melt butter in a large skillet.
Add onions, celery sage and poultry seasoning.
Saute until vegetables are translucent and tender.
Add dried bread to a large mixing bowl. Add onion mixture to bread cubes and stir to combine.
Add broth, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- You can then add the soup and mix and then stuff the chicken thighs
Homemade Cream Soup
You can use whatever kind you like (ie, beef, veggie)