I absolutely love these one pot dishes, especially on a night where I don’t want to do a lot of dishes! I am also a sucker for good cookware and have deemed my Le Creuset as my BFF.
Here is Wyoming, we have already started experiencing fall weather, so this dish is perfect for those cool nights and packed with flavor!
- 1 pound ground beef (you could really use any style of meat for this dish)
- 1/2 a medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked cavatappi
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
Place ground beef in a Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat, breaking beef up as it cooks. Once beef is about halfway cooked, add onion. Cook 2 to 3 more minutes and add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and salt. Simmer 10 minutes.
Add water and cavatappi. Stir well to get the noodles submerged. Cook 10-12 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente.
Remove Dutch oven from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese. Dollop ricotta cheese on top. Place Dutch oven in oven under the broiler until cheese on top is hot and melted.
Serve the dish family style with some crusty bread and as usual, EAT TILL IT HURTS FRIENDS!